Having relocated to Petoskey I feel it worthwhile to share the local scenery with you all. Yesterday I went to see what I could. Which was mostly snow and spinning tires. It has been snowing since New Year’s eve up here, which is nothing new; but the snow has been getting compacted on the roadways and was fairly slick. I saw multiple cars which couldn’t even get going on a nearly flat intersection. Maximum exposure time was about 5 minuets which made walking around downtown an interesting trip of visiting a new business every few moments. This image was captured near the city park, looking north. The lake effect snow was intermittently coming in full force with a stinging cold wind.
- Announcing Petoskey Print Studio 08/23/2017
- Roadside Wildlife (Sandhill Cranes) 06/14/2017
- Winter Newsletter 01/02/2017
- Who says that work cannot be fun? 10/14/2016
- Our Gallery will be closed, for a learning opportunity… 10/06/2016
Random photography definitions:
Capping shutter : extra shutter used in some medium format cameras or in conjunction with a group of extreme high speed shutters.