Glass Lakes Photography photo contests
Glass Lakes Photography was conceived to be a community for photography, and to provide the resources to the community that will enhance their experience of photography. To assist in effecting that mission we will begin offering bi-monthly photographic contests in an effort to bring people together and to inspire them to create photographic works. These contests are intended to be open and accessible for all to participate.
Spring Photo Contest “New Life”
Submit up to 3 photographs created in the month of April 2023 which have captured unique perspectives of the emergence of life in the spring. The winning photograph will conform to the theme of “new life” and will be a still life or landscape capture featuring the emergence of life (plant or animal) in spring.
Contest concepts may include plants, grasses, animals, flowers, etc emerging from winter and into spring. This time of year is absolutely beautiful and we want to see your interpretation.
Geographic restrictions: None.
Submissions due on May 10th before midnight. Participants can submit using the window below or this link. See rules section for sizing and formats.
Cost per contestant: $5 (covers all 3 submissions when submitted at once). This covers costs associated with the contest. This contest is intended to be accessible for all, if you need assistance in covering your entry fee call us at 231 881 9303 and ask for Kayla.
Prize: The winning photographer will have their winning photograph printed, mounted, and matted up to a 16×20 frame size by Petoskey Print Studio, a value of $110.97. The participant is responsible for any additional services requested such as shipping or framing if desired.
Photography will be judged on uniqueness, composition, technical execution, and in how well it relates to the theme of the contest.
Winning photographs will be re-entered into a year end competition for greater prizes.
Photographer grants Glass Lakes Photography, LLC and Petoskey Print Studio the right to use their submitted photographs for promotion of these contests, to replicate and transmit as required for judging, and to publish as needed in relation to these contests. Photographer retains all rights and privileges to their art.
Overview of contests:
A new contest will be announced every 2 months. Photographers will have 1 calendar month to shoot their images and will be required to submit their images by the 10th of the following month. Contests will be announced on or before the 1st of the month.
By submitting your photographs and participating in this contest you agree to the following rules.
- Photographs must be captured within the specified date range for the contest.
- All metadata must be included in the photograph.
- All files must be named as follows Title.jpg
- Photographers must not place their name into the file title, or upon the image. This is to promote fare judging, as all images will be anonymous. You will receive an order number with your submission which will connect you to your artwork.
- All submitted files must be jpg format with a minimum 2,400 pixels on the longest side, and a maximum of 4,500 pixels on the longest side.
- Persons judging submissions may not participate in the photography contest.
- Participation is open to all persons over the age of 13. Anyone under the age of 18 must provide a one-time parental authorization to participate which must be sent by the parent via email to email@example.com, parents may also call The Gallery at 231 881 9303.
- Participants may submit up to 3 photos to the contests. Once submitted participants may not change or modify their submissions. Participants may not make multiple submissions which exceed their 3 photo maximum. Any additional submissions will be disqualified.
- No refunds will be offered once your images have been submitted, this is a contest and therefore your payments have no guarantee of prize award or promise of products or services. This rule applies to photographs or contestants who are disqualified for violation of these rules.
- Photographer grants Glass Lakes Photography, LLC and Petoskey Print Studio the right to use their submitted photographs for promotion of these contests, to replicate and transmit as required for judging, and to publish as needed in relation to these contests. Photographer retains all rights and privileges to their art.
- Glass Lakes Photography, LLC may change or modify these rules without prior notice.
February: Ice and Snow
A still life study of ice and snow photography.
April: New Life
Can you find the signs of spring and express it thought photography?
Join our local photography group on Facebook with this link.
Submit your photos:
Use the frame below to submit your images to the contest.
The ROES online ordering system works best with Google Chrome. Users also have luck with Safari.
If you are having difficulty submitting your images please call us at 231 881 9303 and we will assist you.
Click to here go directly to the ROES system to submit your photos.